只需一步,快速开始

查看: 660|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

A Little Larger Than the Entire Universe

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
  Writing obsessively in French, English, and Portuguese, Fernando Pessoa left a prodigious body of work,  much of it under "heteronyms"—fully fleshed alter egos with startlingly different styles and points of view.  Offering a unique sampling of all his most famous voices, this collection features poems that have never  before been translated alongside many originally composed in English. In addition to such major works as  "Maritime Ode of Campos" and his Goethe-inspired  Faust , written in blank verse, there are several  stunning poems that have only come to light in the last five years. Selected and translated by leading Pessoa  scholar Richard Zenith, this is the finest introduction available to the breadth of Pessoa’s genius.

最新书评    共 3 条

lyyy    Pessoa的诗 仍像是散文多于诗歌 不知是不是因为翻译成英文失去了原有的韵律 当你把诗句连接,逗号隔开,便更像是取于惶然录中的段落    他大概永远无法称为名垂青史的大诗人 他不浪漫 不唯美 不激情 不晦涩 甚至拒绝用任何象征手法 ("I don't know how any one can think a sunset is sad/ Unless it's because a sunset isn't a sunrise. But if it's a sunset, how could it ever be a sunrise?")   他简直就是诗的反面   但这并不妨碍他写诗 他的命题永远无关于苦大仇深生离死别爱恨情仇 更多的是关于他今个儿又不晓得自己开不开心了 窗前的盲人吉他手开始弹琴了 他睡不着了 零碎至极,但总能给你心有戚戚焉的妙趣      读着读着 你忍不住发笑 为他的别扭 为他把牢骚写成件理直气壮的妙事      "You speak of civilisation and how it shouldn't exist,   At least not as it is.   You say that everyone, or almost everyone, suffers   From human life being organised in this way.   You say that if things were different, people would suffer less.   You say things would be better if they were how you want them.   I hear you and don't listen.   Why would I want to listen to you?   I'd learn nothing by listening to you.   If things were different, they's be different: that's all.   If things were how you want them, they'd be how you want them, fine.   Too bad for you and for all who spend life   Trying to invent the machine for producing happiness"         好玩的是,我所习专业的宗旨,不正是invent the machine for producing happiness么?   Too bad for you,我似乎能看见老头摇头晃脑地在嘴里小声嘟囔。  详情 发表于 2013-7-27 00:37
danxix    今天听雨生的歌《渺》,原是徐志摩的诗《渺小》:      我仰望群山的苍老   他们不说一句话   阳光描出我的渺   小草在我的脚下      有豆友在评论中提到“天地有大美而不言”,我想,是否能用庄子《知北游》的这段名言来回应本书:      天地有大美而不言,四時有明法而不議,萬物有成理而不說。   聖人者,原天地之美而達萬物之理。   是故至人無為,大聖不作,觀於天地之謂也。      摘一段整本书的作者序,   FROM AN "INTERVIEW" WITH ALBERTO CAEIRO      "I'm not a materialist or a deist or anything else. I'm a man who one day opened the window and discovered this crucial thing: Nature exists. I saw that the trees, the rivers and the stones are things that truly exist. No one had ever thought about this.      I don't pretend to be anything more than the greatedst poet in the world. I made the greatest discovery worth making, next to which all other discoveries are games of stupid children. I noticed the Universe. The Greeks, with all their visual acuity, didn't do as much."  详情 发表于 2013-7-27 14:57
delvig    这是2006年Penguin Classics新版的佩索阿英译诗集。编辑和翻译者依然是Richard Zenith(众多佩索阿文集英译本和研究文章的作者)。翻译是高水准,流畅并且忠实。      不过这本400多页的选集似乎仍旧不足以把这位多产诗人的重要诗歌作品全部收录。根据Zenith的介绍,此书并非是1998年Grove Press出版的同样由他自己编译的超过300页的"Fernando Pessoa & Co"的扩充,而是另一套几乎完全不同的选译,两本书中只有4首作品重复("The Keeper of Sheep II, IX", "I got off the train" & "Autopsychography")。如果想要尽可能多的收藏佩索阿诗歌的英译版本,同时收集以上两本诗集会是一个比较好的主意。因为需要额外的资金来购买另一本选集,故保留一星。  详情 发表于 2013-7-29 01:09

更多书评 我要评论
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享淘帖

网站地图|小黑屋|Archiver|DoThinkings 悦书籍,思人生   

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 15:38 , Processed in 0.216126 second(s), 39 queries .